Eventually the first product of the System Center family arrives, it’s System Center Advisor completely operated from the cloud and a natural complement to OpsMgr.
Advisor, as the name implies, is a monitoring product built to give advices and best practices to run your infrastructure, these information are based on a scheduled upload of data hence they cannot be relied upon for immediately reactive actions, for this kind of needs OpsMgr is the product.
Advisor currently supports the following workloads:
· SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 R2 (focus on the relational engine)
· Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 (focus on Hyper-V and Active Directory)
Proactively Avoid Problems
- Increase awareness around the state of server deployment through assessment of configuration, and alerts for configuration-related issues.
- Resolve issues before they become critical through ongoing assessments of the server environment for undetected configuration issues.
- Assess and understand server configurations from virtually anywhere with from a secure cloud service with security features that meet customer needs.
Resolve Issues Faster
- Decrease time to resolve issues by easily viewing configuration changes over time with historical data.
- Decrease time to resolve issues with the ability to share server configuration data with internal support staff or Microsoft Customer Support Services.
- Accelerate problem solving with instant access to step by step guidance, self-help information and community forums related to identified issues.
Help Reduce Downtime and Improve Performance
- Increase performance and availability of servers by understanding configuration state and receiving suggestions for improvement to help ensure availability.
- Help reduce server downtime by getting notifications for key updates specific to the configuration of the server environment.
- Increase collaboration between IT professionals through centralized data of an organization’s deployment configurations.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.