Patching blues – QFE 958490 pumps up HealthService CPU Usage on agents


Quick warning to everyone reading. Today I tried KB 958490 who promised to solve a long dated annoying issue with dependency rollup monitors. Alas the cure, at least in my environment, proved to be worse than the disease. In fact as soon as I tried it in my lab and my limited production environment, the healthservice on every agent jumped up in CPU utilization. This increase is independent by the patch level of the agent (i.e. it can be patched or not, it doesn’t change the net result) and correlated to the patch level of the RMS. So as soon as you update the RMS and the MS you get the issue. The following graph on HealthService CPU Utilization is self explanatory:

image

My advice: stay away form the fix until it won’t be re-released (as usual, sigh).

If anyone’s having a different experience it’d be great to hear about.

btw the fix doesn’t fix only the dll’s reported by the KB but MOMAgentInstaller.exe as well.

image

– Daniele

Technorati Tags: ,,

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Advertisements
  1. Troubleshooting 21025 events – Part 1 evidence « Quaue Nocent Docent

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: