Well, as you may know if you tried there’s no MP from Microsoft, yes after 18 months of GA for the latest operating system from MS still no MP for such an important service. So I took my time and gave a look at the current MP for Win Server 2008. Immo it’s plain awful, poor coding and the monitors and discoveries are almost based on netsh output positional parsing, the recipe for problems. And indeed the whole stuff doesn’t work with R2 because in the netsh output we have two more lines that where not there in 2008. I’ve really had enough of average MPs quality, but that’s another story.
So "closing my nose" I introduced the minimum changes to get on par with Win Server 2008 DHCP monitoring, it took a couple of hours including testing it in an environment with 2003, 2008 and 2008 R2 DHCP servers. I release the code to the community, but you must be advised this is code I won’t recognize as mine, once again bare minimum mods to an awful MP to make it works with 2008 R2, that’s it.
You can find the MP here.
It replaces the following workflows:
I didn’t replace ComponentDiscovery portion 2 and 3 (disabled by default), if you have a DHCP with thousands of scopes then you might need to recode them as well.
As usual hope this help and, on the other hand, use it at your own risk.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.