Today I had a chance to explore the preview version of the next version of SquaredUp, my preferred HTML5 console for Operations Manager. As usual I’ve not been disappointed, I’m sure this is an upgrade everyone wants to apply.
In particular the new alerts plugin adds new important features:
- the ability to have multiple selections in filters so filtering is much easier without requiring a query in the advanced view
- the option to add and rearrange columns
- the capability of selecting multiple alerts to apply actions in batch
Ability to select multiple alerts
Column customization for alerts snapin
With this additions SquaredUp is moving to a complete Alerts management console, there’re still a few features missing:
- ability to order by a specific column
- in plugin filtering (excel tables like)
- ability to search for alerts (including data warehouse)
with these SquaredUp not only will be faster, but even more functional than the standard OpsManager console.
Another welcome addition is the new performance widget, my favorites here are:
- colour lines with consistency across different graphs in the same dashboard. If server x is red, it will be red on every graphs.
- ability to resize the performance widget. Now it’s really easy to adapt the graph size based on the density of the information that need to be displayed
ability to resize the performance widget
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights