API Management and Traffic Manager will be available only from the Azure (Ibiza) Portal starting April 3rd.
Support for editing and hosting Open API 2.0 (Swagger) metadata in Azure Functions is now in preview. API authoring is a popular application of Functions, and Swagger metadata allows a whole network of Swagger-compliant software to easily integrate with those APIs.
Azure Web Application Firewall (WAF) Generally Available now it is not as feature complte as well established 3rd party solutions, but it is a good staring point, reasonably priced, completely managed and with a 99.95% availability SLA. Plus it integrated natively with OMS and soon with Azure Security Center.
Azure Relay Hybrid Connections is generally available and it finally uses standards ports and protocols (i.e. WebSockets). The Azure Relay service facilitates hybrid applications by enabling you to securely expose services that reside within a corporate enterprise network to the public cloud, without having to open a firewall connection, or require intrusive changes to a corporate network infrastructure. Now with this additions things get a little messy, the previously named Service Bus Relay service is now called WCF Relay, both will be supported. To add some spice, the pricing is the Service Bus one.
Log Analytics adds contains statement
The Contains keyword allows you to filter for records with a field that contains a specified string. This is case sensitive, will only work with string fields, and may not include any escape characters.
This returns records with a type that contains the string “Event”. Examples include Event, SecurityEvent, and ServiceFabricOperationEvent.”
System Center Monitoring Pack for System Center Configuration Manager version 5.00.8239.1009 released
Update 1702 for System Center Configuration Manager, a few highlights:
- Support for Windows 10 Creators Update – This version of Configuration Manager now supports the release of upcoming Windows 10 Creators Update. You can upgrade Windows 10 ADK to the latest version for full OS imaging support.
- Express files support for Windows 10 Cumulative Update – Configuration Manager now supports Windows 10 Cumulative Update using Express files.
- Deploy Office 365 apps to clients – Beginning in version 1702, from Office 365 Client Management dashboard, you can start the Office 365 Installer that lets you configure Office 365 installation settings, download files from Office Content Delivery Networks (CDNs), and deploy the files as an application in Configuration Manager. For details, see Manage Office 365 ProPlus updates.
- Close executable files at the deadline when they would block application installation – If executable files are listed on the Install Behavior tab for a deployment type and the application is deployed to a collection as required, then a more intrusive notification experience is provided to inform the user, and the specified executable files will be closed automatically at the deadline. This is currently the feature with the second highest number of votes on UserVoice.
- Conditional access for PCs managed by System Center Configuration Manager – Now production ready in update 1702, with conditional access for PCs managed by Configuration Manager, you can restrict access to various applications (including but not limited to Exchange Online and SharePoint online) to PCs that are compliant with the compliance policies you set.