Microsoft acquires (subject to approval) Cloudyn to help customers optimize their Azure costs.
Jenkins, the build platform, has been updated on Azure marketplace. I’m especially interested because I’m investigating the platform for our build in the devops journey and this is a great accelerator.
Having issues with Azure File Services? Try this.
Now we can force a secure connection to an Azure Storage account. This feature must be enabled since it is off by default.
Redis cache gets geo-replica in preview
Event Hubs capure is now GA
New Service Fabric SDKs and Runtimes released:
New Linux Agent version 1.4.0-12 (https://github.com/Microsoft/OMS-Agent-for-Linux/releases). Added SCOM interoperability at the agent level and some more docker support.
Azure Backup finally gets reporting. Azure Backup Reports provide the ability to gauge backup health, view restore trends, and understand storage usage patterns across subscriptions and across vaults.
- No reporting server, database or infrastructure required to setup
- View reports across vaults and subscriptions centrally
- Create custom reports using Azure Backup’s open data model
- Perform rich data visualizations using Power BI
- Ability to export reporting data to Event Hub and Log Analytics
App insights is adding new features every week! In public preview new capabilities make it easy to collate and report all relevant information. Whether you are investigating an application performance issue or exploring application usage, you can journal the findings and narrate the complete story of your app with:
- user and session timelines
- curated performance investigations
ASR adds support for Ubuntu
New wave of SQL Server Management packs version 126.96.36.199:
- SQL 2016
- SSRS 2016
- SSRS 2014
- SQL 2016 replica
- SQL 2014
- SQL 2016 AS
- SQL 2014 AS
- SQL 2012 AS
- SQL 2012 Replica
- SQL 2008 Replica
- SQL 2012 SSRS
- SQL 2008 SSRS
- SQL Engines 2008-2012
- SQL 2008 AS
SCCM build 1706 now in preview. As usual many new features, my relevant topics:
- Now Primary Site Server have a builtin HA option
- Surface firmware management through updates