Store simple snapshot manager has been updated to Version 5.0, it is compatible with StorSimple 8000 Series devices running Update 5.0 and Update 4.0
Powershell drive for Azure. Navigate your resources using Azure: drive, just like you can do from the cloud shell in the Ibiza portal. Just:
Install-Module AzurePSDrive Import-Module AzurePSDrive Import-Module AzurePSDrive Login-AzureRmAccount New-PSDrive -Name Azure -PSProvider SHiPS -root 'AzurePSDrive#Azure'
Azure Data Factory v2, in my opinion the first version of ADF worth a serious thought, adds visual monitoring capabilities in public preview. Note to self: check if this capabilities are exposed in REST.
Service Bus and Event Hubs get geo DR in preview.
Event grid now supports event hubs as a destination.
New OMS Linux Agent v1.4.1-123
- Disallow generation of multiple OMSConsistencyInvoker processes
- Eliminate python processes from DSC
- Remove unneeded commands configured for root permissions
- Decrease frequency of DSC consistency invoker runs to decrease churn
- Re-create DSC DIY cron job if applicable
- Set default process limit for the omsagent user upon installing OMSAgent
- Mask sensitive certificate and key information in verbose onboarding logging
New MARS agent 1710_9097, this is a critical update.
Your OMS LogAnalytics workspace will soon be updated to the new query language.
Powershell is quickly transforming itself from a shell language to a multipurpose language, I’ve stumbled on this post where with just 6 lines of code and the Polaris module you can build your own web server with Powershell Core 6.
With the release of Windows Server 1709 here come the container images. For those who missed the important announcement about Windows Server semi-annual channel versus the long term servicing channel the following table may help:
|Installation option||Semi-Annual Channel (Windows Server)||Long-term Servicing Channel (Windows Server 2016)|
|Server with Desktop||No||Yes|