Now k8s clusters deployed with ACS (Azure Container Service) can be connected to Azure virtual networks with full production support.
Azure Security Center adds the public preview for Adaptive Application Controls, it allows to whitelist applications and apply the rules to a set of Virtual machines. Is is a useful security measure for servers with well known workloads (I would expect most of the servers should fall into this category)
In the past few weeks I often reported news on Azure Monitor, to read a wrap up of where the platform is moving you can start from this post.
If you use Data Factory you’ll be happy to know new connectors are available
Cost control is key in a pay per use public cloud, Azure capabilities were poor before the acquisition of Cloudyn, but from then on capabilities have been added to help you be in the driving seat, and the journey is just beginning. Now you can set a budget for every subscription and have notifications at various stages.
- unlimited collections/containers is now 60% cheaper
- higher limit (1,000,000 RU/sec) for massive deployments without the need to engage support
- Enterprise Security Package preview for Azure HDInsight
- 50+% price reduction
- General availability of Apache Kafka.
- General availability of Azure Log Analytics integration
- Public preview integration with Power BI direct query
- Advanced development tools for Apache Spark
- Performance comparison with Spark and Presto
Azure Backup now supports VMs encrypted using bitlocker for both managed and unmanaged disks adding full support for secrets protection and key protection so that in case of need the VM can be properly restored in a secure way.