Here it comes Azure Firewall Premium (public preview), this is a big step apart from the current Azure Firewall offer. In particular it adds:
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) Inspection
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention System (IDPS signature-based)
- Web Categories and URL filtering to control user access to the Internet resources
- Configuration by Firewall Policy, a global resource that can be used to centrally manage your firewalls using Azure Firewall Manager.
In a slightly related release, Azure Front Door integrates with Azure CDN and Web Application Firewall to provide a unified service and management experience, also the preview service adds:
- TLS certificate management
- Integration with Azure Private Link
- Integration with Microsoft Threat Intelligence
I’ve never been a fan of SQL Log Shipping and I would avoid it anytime I can, anyway the news is Log Replay Service (LRS) is in preview. It utilizes log shipping to enable custom migrations of databases from SQL Servers 2008 through 2019 to SQL Managed Instance.
During the week several documents and articles about Azure Monitor Application Insights have been reviewed and long standing features have moved to GA. Nothing particularly new, but worth a quick recap: