In the last couple of weeks we had a few new previres and a bunch of services entering GA.
Let’s start from the news.
The Azure Compute product group released Dv5-series and Ev5-series Azure Virtual Machines respectively for general-purpose and memory-intensive workloads. hese new virtual machines (VMs) deliver up to 15 percent increased performance for many workloads and better price-to-performance than the previous Dv4 and Ev4-series VMs. You can request access to the preview by filling out Intel’s 3rd Gen Xeon Scalable Processors in Azure form.
Azure Web PubSub is now in preview. It enables you to use WebSockets and the publish-subscribe pattern to easily build real-time web applications, like live monitoring dashboards, cross-platform live chat, real-time location on maps, and more.
You can now enable ASR DR for Azure Virtual Machines using Azure policies, the feature is in preview
Eventually Azure SQL Hyperscale joins the active geo-replication club. The feature is now in preview.
On the GA side we had:
- Application gateway URL Rewrite
- Azure Hybrid Benefit for Linux with RI and VMSS
- Azure Event Grid for Azure Cache for Redis
- Azure Site Recovery cross-continental disaster recovery for up to 3 region pairs
- Azure Site Recovery proximity placement groups (PPGs) across hybrid and cloud disaster recovery scenarios