The new architecture center is live! Initially there are 6 reference architectures, along with numerous other technical resources (e.g. designing for resiliency, developer checklists…)
New AAD Connect released with full support for Seamless SSO (SSSO) version 1.1.443.0
MySQL in-app is now GA great for testing, but we’re still missing a true managed MySQL on Azure.
Azure App Service, the managed certificate life cycle solution on Azure, is now a general purpose certificate lifecycle service, read here
Now you can access DocumentDB using MongoDB APIs and tools and there’s now a Spark connector for DocumentDB as well.
Update 4 for StoreSimple 8000 is available, better restore times, finally a diagnostic tool from powershell, impending disk failure alerting and much more
L-Series VMs available optimized for low latency local storage in selected regions, alas not yet in Europe.
Resource policy management now surfaced in the Azure portal.
SQL Azure introduces a new tier Premium RS and allows up to 4 TB databases for P11 and P15 tiers.
Azure Automation workers can now coexists with update management you need at least agent version 7.2.12024.0.
Log Analytics adds Advanced Threat Analytics syslog integration to add significance to events
After the windows support now instant file recovery is available for Linux VMs. The feature is in preview.
You can now customize your VM restore experience with templates, this feature is now integrated in the recovery process and you just have to modify the template to suit your needs
With ASR you can now use Premium storage as a replica target for [Hyper-v VMs] (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/asr-hyper-v-to-premium-storage/) and yes it also works for VMWare/Physical workloads.
VMM hot fix for test replica scenario:
New management packs for the 2016 wave:
- Microsoft System Center 2016 Management Pack for Hyper-V version 10.0.8.0
- Microsoft System Center Management Pack for Windows Server Cluster 2016 version 10.0.6.0
- Microsoft System Center Management Pack for Windows Print Server 2016version 10.0.4.0
- Microsoft System Center 2016 Management Pack for Windows Storage Spaces Direct version 10.0.40.0
- System Center Management Pack for SharePoint Server 2016 version 16.0.6117.3000
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services Management Pack for Windows Server 2016 version 10.0.5.0
Updates for the Office 365 management pack:
Updates for the SQL Management Packs:
- Microsoft System Center Management Pack for SQL Server 2008-2012 version 188.8.131.52 (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=10631)
- Microsoft System Center Management Pack for SQL Server 2014 version 184.108.40.206 (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42573)
- Microsoft System Center Management Pack for SQL Server 2016 version 220.127.116.11 (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53008)
- Microsoft System Center Management Pack for SQL Server Dashboards versin 18.104.22.168 (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=51479)
If you deployed SCOM 2016 then you want to take a look at these tweaks from [KevinH] (https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/kevinholman/2017/03/08/recommended-registry-tweaks-for-scom-2016-management-servers/)